Data security is a top concern for businesses today. With the rise of cyber threats and data breaches, companies need to ensure that their data is protected. Wiz the leading provider of Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) has now integrated Data Security Posture Management (DSPM) into their platform.
Importance of Data Security Posture Management
DSPM is a continuous process of assessing, managing, and enhancing the security posture of an organisation’s data. It involves evaluating an organisation’s security controls and processes and identifying areas of improvement. DSPM can help businesses ensure that their data is protected against cyber threats and comply with data protection regulations, such as the new Australian Notifiable Data Breaches (NDB) scheme.
With the increasing complexity of IT environments, it is essential for businesses to have a clear understanding of their data security posture. DSPM provides businesses with a holistic view of their data security posture and helps them identify vulnerabilities and threats. By continuously assessing their security posture, businesses can enhance their data security and reduce the risk of data breaches.
With Wiz.io’s DSPM, businesses can assess their security posture in real-time and receive actionable insights to improve their security posture. The platform uses machine learning algorithms to detect security threats and vulnerabilities, providing businesses with a comprehensive view of their data security posture.
Benefits of DSPM
- Discovery: With agentless visibility into critical data in buckets, data and OS volumes and databases, organisations will be able to easily see what data is located where.
- Context: Understand who can access what data, how your data assets are configured and used and how that data moves with your environments by automatically correlating sensitive data with underlying cloud context, such as public exposure, identities, entitlements and vulnerabilities.
- Continuous Security Assessment: Wiz.io’s DSPM continuously assesses an organisation’s security posture, identifying vulnerabilities and threats in real-time.
- Actionable Insights: Get automatic alerts when toxic combinations of risks create an attack path to your sensitive data. This allows teams to directly focus on high priority incidents before they become breaches.
- Continuous Compliance: Wiz.io’s DSPM continuously assesses an organisation’s security posture so that businesses can comply with data protection regulations by identifying areas of non-compliance.
DSPM is an essential part of security strategy for businesses that want to protect their data against cyber threats and comply with both local and global data protection regulations. With the benefits of Wiz.io’s DSPM, businesses can enhance their data security posture and reduce the risk of data breaches. Contact our team to discuss your data security landscape.Read more